Thursday, March 28, 2013

Family Night Out

We are still at the beach.  In my last post I promised pictures of our "new friends", however, I did not take one picture, not one.  You might have visited Elisa's blog from my blogroll.  We have been Blogger friends for a while, when we figured out we would be a short distance from each other on our Spring Break trips we thought we would get our families together and we did just that.  Funny enough the older kids were a little concerned.  As a parent, you tell your kids, never meet anyone from the internet....well here we are making our kids "meet people from the internet".  We had a great evening and once the kids got past the awkward intros they did just fine.  I would love to share some photos with you, but, like I said we did not take one.  Maybe an iphone shot or two, however, that was it. Next time, I promise!  Thanks to Elisa and her family for hosting my wild and crazy crowd.

Today we decided to stay one extra day at the beach.  The weather has been sunny, but on the cool side.  With higher temps promised for tomorrow we decided to drive all 16 hours home in one day and add an extra day at the beach.  With two nights left for dinner we had a decision.....where to go.  After a quick "Google" search we decided on McGuire's Irish Pub.  Although, I am a believer of eating seafood at the beach this was a great decision, we will go back on our next trip to the beach!  I have not been toting the big camera around with me so enjoy a recap of our night from Instagram.  Notice the money on the ceiling?  There is 1.4 million dollars pinned, taped, and stuffed onto the walls and ceilings of the pub. We had a great meal and a fun night, no wonder it is rated so highly.  A must visit if in the Destin area!

mosaic1c0f4d490f312033a99b5c0d2f64b4468429db9b

Wishing all a  blessed Easter and a wonderful weekend!

post signature
PS:  I did not drink the "Irish Wake" just a photo op from the table next to us...I know my limits:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Have a great Easter weekend!

Elisa said...

I still can't believe that we didn't take any pictures. I loved your family and how TJ took care of the little ones. Hoping to hook up again in Chicago this summer!

msdewberry said...

That looks like you had a good day! Happy Easter!

Serendipityissweet said...

Looks like such a fun trip! These are great photos :)