Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Avocado Toast...

Avocado Toast

2020-03-24_0008

2020-03-24_0006

2020-03-24_0009

2020-03-24_0010

2020-03-24_0002

2020-03-24_0005

I have to say I was never a fan of the avocado toast....really kinda boring!  However, something changed when I have the most amazing breakfast in Kauai at The Kountry Kitchen.  Actually, Kountry Kitchen is the only restaurant we ate at twice while on vacation in Kauai.  The first time we ate there I had coconut french toast and fried rice, both amazing, I could eat their fried rice EVERY DAY! June ordered Kountry Kitchen avocado toast and it was HUGE and AMAZING and DELICIOUS, not boring and now I could eat avocado toast EVERY DAY.  So of course, on our second visit I ordered "the avocado toast" and fried rice.  YUM!

Fast forward to my neighbor and the bread she gave us in the previous post.  I thought it would be perfect for my version of the amazing avocado toast we had on vacation.  Although everything tastes better in paradise the kids and I loved our homemade version, also enjoyed on vacation...Coronacation that is!

Ingredients
yummy molasses bread from your neighbor or dark grain sweet bread
olive oil
fresh ground salt
fresh ground cracked pepper
fresh sliced avocado
arugula or micro greens

Directions
Slice bread thin and toast.  Pit and slice avocado.  Drizzle a light coat of olive oil on toasted bread and arrange sliced avocado.  Salt and pepper to taste....fresh ground makes all the difference!  Drizzle with another light coat of olive oil and add chopped arugula or micro greens.
ENJOY!

There you have it!  I hope you enjoy the avocado toast as much as I did.  I am regretful that it took me so long to hop on the bandwagon.  Take a look at my IG feed to see our Kauai trip and now that I am blogging again I hope to share some of our trip and our favorite stops and experiences.

Tiffany

Yum


No comments: