Saturday, June 2, 2012

Step 2....

Did you miss "Step 1"? "Step 1" was surviving selling and buying a home in one of the worst real estate markets in recent history. I am glad to say we made it! We had a long six months of showings and six long months of house hunting, however, it was all worth it.

"Step 2" started this weekend. "Step 2" was the start of demolition on our new house, yes demolition. We love our new house for lots of reasons. Although the interior was slightly outdated and not our "style" it is charming, really charming and cozy. The yard is simply lovely and the location is perfect for our family. Our new location will save us many hours a week in the car and increase our family time by over 20 hours combined.....YEAH!!!

We worked in the house and in the yard this weekend:

Here are some highlights from the yard....did I mention I love the yard and can't wait to see what blooms all Summer.

5-25-001


5-25-004


5-25-006

I have also, surprisingly, taken to the Koi pond. We have about 10 gold fish, plants, and a HUGE frog.

5-25-010


5-25-012


5-25-013


5-25-029


5-25-028


5-25-026

I will give you a quick run down on all the work we did this weekend. Swing set moved, 6 car loads of boxes moved, 2 trailers of stuff move, kitchen cabinets removed, tile floor removed, all carpet removed, parkay floor removed, wainscoatting removed, decking scrubbed, and laundry room demoed.

5-25-014


5-25-015

(I love this door!)

5-25-017

All the boys helped and my Dad planned, organized, and kept us in line. He even got a tetanus shot! No serious injuries, but lots and lots of sore muscles.

5-25-021

Believe it or not this will soon be a bedroom and bathroom...we have big plans and lots of work ahead of us.

5-25-022


5-25-033

I took frequent breaks and headed outside to work in the yard, working on the pond and using the round up. I recommend buying stock in round up 'cause I am going to use a lot of it.

5-25-034

By about 4pm this afternoon it was time for a break. We closed up shop and headed back to relive my Mom from babysitting duty. We nursed our aches and pains, ate dinner, and now it is off to bed...it has been an 18 hour day and we have a long one tomorrow.

5-25-036

The End!


post signature
PS: More to come....

6 comments:

Hannah said...

The garden is lovely. I can't wait to see what you do with the house. Building and remodeling is something I love...I can't wait to follow along :)

June said...

Beautiful yard! Good luck with the remodel. We just did 1 room and boy was it a mess.....worth it but a mess! Can't wait to see the end result!

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- I'm shocked you were able to put a post together with all that going on. Totally impressed! Looks like it's going to be amazing when you are all done. Can't wait to see more!

Elisa said...

yay- thanks for posting pics- can't wait to see more!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, there!
I found your blog very intresting! A lot of inspiration for myself!!!

I would like to keep in touch with you. Would you like to follow each others blog on GFC and Bloglovin?

Lots of love,

www.nicoleta.me

Tricia said...

Oh, I love the photos! Your yard looks so wonderful...very lush. Boy, you're sure jumping right in with the renovation. I can't wait to see how it all comes together!