Monday, June 11, 2012

Confirmation

Confirmation perfects Baptismal grace; it is the sacrament which gives the Holy Spirit in order to root us more deeply in the divine filiation, incorporate us more firmly into Christ, strengthen our bond with the Church, associate us more closely with her mission, and help us bear witness to the Christian faith in words accompanied by deeds.
Catholic Catechism 1316

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, Good Tidings to the Afflicted, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good tidings to the afflicted; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives, and opening of the prisons to those who are bound; proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion-to give garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
Isaiah 61:1-3

Jake was Confirmed this past Saturday and it was very special to me. With all of the busyness in our life right now it was nice to focus on what is really important to our family...I have included one of the readings from the ceremony, it is my personal favorite and it meant so much to me on this special day. Not only was Jake Confirmed and beginning his "adult" life in the Church, he chose his brother to sponsor and guide him. Although most days they act like typical brothers, it is nice to know they are there for each other on an other level. It was a special day for all of us........

6-9-011cb


6-9-014cb


6-9-018cb


6-9-044cb


6-9-041cb


6-9-052-2cb


6-9-057cb


6-9-058cb


6-9-061cb



post signature

6 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats to your son Tiffany! These are such gorgeous pictures.

He is sooooooooooo handsome♥

Serendipityissweet said...

What stunning photos! Congratulations ;)

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The photos are gorgeous and I'm sure you're very proud of your son.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Congrats to him- what a HUGE accomplishment!

Mira Crisp said...

Such beautiful photos! That definately is a big day! I still remember how excited my whole family was for my Confirmation. :)

Tricia said...

Congratulations to your son! I'll bet that was such a memorable day. I can still remember when I was confirmed, even though it was sooo long ago :)