Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Preschool Thanksgiving Feast

June had her preschool Thanksgiving feast! I dressed the girls up in their Thanksgiving best....Thanks Becky. (Aren't these dresses sooooo cute?) You know I can't keep Kendall still so most shots with her are blurry, no surprise. Russ had the day off so we loaded in the car and off we went.

11-19-005

11-19-013

June's class made all of the decorations and food for the feast. Her teachers are fabulous, they spend weeks creating the decor and costumes all along teaching the kids about The First Thanksgiving. They also teach them about Native American Indians and foods that were at The First Thanksgiving. Then the hard part, they actually have the kids help them cook the food that they serve at the feast. The menu included: chicken legs shake n' bake style, pudding, applesauce, stuffing, popcorn, and cranberry relish...YUM!

11-19-031

11-19-033

11-19-061

We were also treated to a story and a few songs. The kids dressed as Native American Indians, complete with tepee. Of course Kendall had to get in on the action and sat with June for part of the program. After the entertainment it was time to eat, all of the food was delicious. June's favorite, the pudding, of course:)

11-19-056

11-19-054

11-19-057

Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and gratitude for all of the blessings graciously given to us from God above. Enjoy!





post signature

16 comments:

Valeria said...

She looks so cute. I love the series of shots.
Gives me idea for tomorrow's event.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

How cute! What a fantastic Thanksgiving celebration that have. That is really neat! The decorations and costumes are so much fun. Adorable Thanksgiving outfits!! :)

4 Lettre Words said...

How fun...and they looked so beautiful. Love that headdress, too!

Liz said...

Gorgeous images and great Thanksgiving outfits!!
It's so long ago since my children were that little.

June said...

I am just loving the Chinese Native American!!Looks like they did a super job with the celebration. Bet they had loads of fun. See you Thursday!!

Tricia said...

How cute! Wow, your preschool really goes all out for Thanksgiving :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

She looks beautiful in her headdress. Happy Thanksgiving.

Lisa said...

Wow! what cute dresses! They look so cute. :) and June in her Indian outfit is just the best.

Happy Thanksgiving Tiffany.

Yvonne said...

Cute! Also those are fabulous teachers :) I would have loved to be baking in class!

Maude Lynn said...

What adorable pictures!

Seeing Each Day said...

Thanks for the lovely photos. What a great idea to have the children make the decorations.

Tara said...

Oh my goodness! What a great celebration! I love it and I adore thier dresses. My son had his Thanksgiving feast today. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Love their dresses! I will have to do something similar with all my minky chenille I have left over from my straps.

Love those shots of the girls- looks like it was a super fun day.

Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! what a great party. Let me get my pencil and paper and sketch a few designs for ideas for my next year's T-day blast. I am so going to make that headdress.
Have you got any ideas for a tiara?

Anonymous said...

Wow!! what a great party. Let me get my pencil and paper and sketch a few designs for ideas for my next year's T-day blast. I am so going to make that headdress.
Have you got any ideas for a tiara?

Elisa said...

June makes the BEST Indian!!!! sooooo cute!