Monday, October 18, 2010

Kerrie

kerrie copy


This is Kerrie and this is where I am going to tell you how we can help her. A few weeks back I was reading this POST on My Charming Kids (MckMama's blog), as I read tears ran down my face. I read about Sam and Reece's Rainbow. Reece's Rainbow is a non-profit organization that helps place orphans with downs syndrome with there forever families....

The primary goals of Reece's Rainbow are:
.
To raise awareness regarding the plight of children with Down syndrome in foreign orphanages and their availability to be adopted
.
To raise adoption grant donations for each of our waiting children
.
To seek new adoptive families for orphans with Down syndrome internationally
.
To provide adoptive families with additional fundraising opportunities
.
To fund humanitarian aid opportunities and improve the quality of life of our children waiting to be adopted
.
To fund educational and therapeutic opportunities for orphaned children with Down syndrome living in foreign orphanages
.
To fund and facilitate the development of new Down syndrome birth parent support groups in foreign countries, thereby decreasing the number of children placed in orphanages
.
To enact social change abroad about children with Down syndrome and other special needs through the testimony of adoption
.
.
I decided to donate to Sam's adoption fund, but I felt like I could do more. As you know, June came to our family through the miracle of international adoption. The process to adopt is time consuming, emotional, as well as financially difficult. I feel nothing less than grateful that we were able to afford our adoption. However, there are many families who would love to adopt, but can not bear the financial burden. That is where we come in and I need your help!
.
Kerrie was born in the Peoples Republic of China on November 11, 2008 and she has Downs Syndrome. At the age of one month she was left by her parents at a hospital. She is healthy and doing great living with a foster family. She is described as happy, social, energetic, loves to be outdoors, and will do well with her forever family.
.
Please help me build Kerrie's adoption grant and decrease the financial burden for the forever family that Kerrie so deserves. On my side bar is a "Chip In" for Kerrie's adoption fund. The money goes directly to Reece's Rainbow via Paypal, you even get a receipt for your donation. The smallest amount that can be donated is 1$, the most is your decision. Please consider helping me help Kerrie. If you are unable to help, please forward my request to someone you know who might be able to help Kerrie.
.
Thank you in advance for you kind and generous consideration.

post signature

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh, you tug my heartstrings! I am leaning heavily towards adopting in the next 5 years, and am strongly drawn to Reece's Rainbow. Because of my work with children with Down's, I am in love with that population. Kerrie is precious and adorable and I just want to grab her out of that picture and squeeze her! Prayers abound for that little girl, since my finances are not!