Sunday, November 8, 2009

A week in review...

Our week has ended and another will begin shortly. This week felt unorganized, probably because I spent most of the week in line waiting for the flu shot! The boys had 2&1/2 days off of school and spent plenty of time relaxing and playing with friends. Russ spent the weekend fishing with my Dad and brother at the cabin and my Mom came to give me a hand. All in all a good weekend.

I did have a nice surprise, a phone call from dear friends that lived next to us in Tennessee. Bob and Bea were the grandparents my kids missed when we lived far from the Midwest and deep in the South. TJ especially spent a lot of time visiting with Bob. Bob was always patient with my busy toddler and let him do all sorts of stuff a first time mom would not have done herself:) We spent lots of time with Bob and Bea and they will always hold a special place it our hearts, it was so good to hear from them.

The next two weeks will prove to be busy, but exciting. We have TJ's birthday, a photography class for me, Thanksgiving, and all the other stuff that usually keeps us hopping. This is our year for Thanksgiving and I can't wait. Thanksgiving dinner is my favorite meal of the year. I love everything about it, from preparation to the left overs! We switch years with Russ's parents and this year as I said is our year. It is kind of ironic too, I was pregnant with Max, turned 30 the day before Thanksgiving and hosted at our house in Tennessee. This year I will turn 40 the day before Thanksgiving and host the day.....pregnant again!

Have a great week!

post signature

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I hope you have a great week and look forward to seeing your Thanksgiving photos.