Wednesday, November 12, 2008

China.....

China amazes me. Tonight by chance Russ turned on Frontline on PBS, there was a show on China.....it is a program Ted Koppel has been working on for years and it totally took me in. I have provided a link here for this programming on PBS, I can't wait to have time to explore this site. I am a junkie for information on China. I wonder what June's life might have been like had she not blessed our family. I wonder about her birth family, what they did, where they live, if they wonder where their baby girl is. China is a mix of the future and the past. I think capitalism has poisoned a country of tradition and history. I have never been out of the United States except for my trip to China, however, I think it is one of the most amazing places that exists in our world today. In China the ancient collides with the modern and the people are ,at to me, what seems a crossroads. We think that we here in the US. have difficult times ahead of us, however, China has political issues on a much larger scale. Seventy percent of Chinese do not have health care coverage. When we were in China we had to go to the hospital, it was like nothing I have ever seen in my life. We are lucky here in the U.S. to have the health care we have. As I continue to watch Frontline I am mesmerized....because of June and Grace, part of my heart will always be in China, tied to a people who gave me two of the greatest blessings of my life.

No comments: