Saturday, April 18, 2020

Laundry Room Remodel...

So what have you been doing with your extra time?  We have been cooking a lot and doing a few projects.  I should say I have been cooking and Russ has been doing projects for me.  Thank you Russ!

When we moved in 8 years ago my contractor put together a laundry room for us, it was really just a place to do laundry, no real plan.  As time went by I felt like we needed a little bit of an upgrade, nothing major, just an upgrade.  Well with this little bit of extra time Russ came to the rescue of the laundry room.  I helped too!

Before

IMG_3669

IMG_3666

After

2020-04-17_0013

2020-04-17_0012

2020-04-17_0011

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

2020-04-17_0005

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

You can see from the before and after a bit of paint and some elbow grease go along way.  New flooring, paint, shelving, and cabinets were added.   The flooring is a wood grain, floating, laminate from Menards and it was installed over our linoleum tile.  Russ did have to remove the base molding and replace it to keep the new flooring in place.

In addition we added shelving above the washer and dryer.  In a perfect world I would have built in the washer and dryer, however, all of the plumbing and electric was put in place at the higher height so we just added the shelving above for extra workspace.

Our old space had a spot to hang clothing as we did laundry but we had a lot of wasted space.  We purchased two cabinets and placed the laundry rod between the two.  I was able to move my cleaning supplies and laundry/ironing supplies to the upper cabinets freeing up space below for crafting and Callie.  Callie now has her own space behind the curtain...litter box, dry food, and water all behind the curtain!

My addition to the project, beside design and artwork, was painting the cabinets.  I used Rustoleum Satin in black.  I usually use Benjamin Moore paint for projects but the price was not worth it for this project.  All of the extras were shopped from my collection of tchotchkes I keep around just in case I need them.

There you have it a quick and reasonably priced redo of the room that gets the second most action in our house...the kitchen is first.  With the changes we made the room is cleaner, has better organization, and the girls and I now have the whole counter top area for crafting and projects.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Tiffany

No comments: