Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Myrtle Topiary and thoughts on the season...

Some of my favorite things are my Myrtle Topiaries...

2020-03-31_0001

....we have a few of them and they make it feel like Summer all year long in the sun room.  There is a small flower shop downtown Chicago on Wells St. that puts all different sizes in front of their shop when the weather is warm and I can't resist them.  Over the years we have learned that they do best with watering through every other day and plenty of sun.  Once the weather is warm we put them outside to soak up the SUN.  I am looking forward the the warmer weather and non-essential businesses opening again so we can enjoy our favorite activities again.

For now, I have to say we are all doing quite well.  I am most disappointed for Jake.  I am disappointed that he is missing his last semester at Iowa and walking for graduation, however, I love having him home before he leaves for officer training.  Truth be told I am enjoying having everyone home.  I am enjoying not running around all the time.  I am enjoying cleaning every morning.   I am enjoying all the cooking I am able to do.   I am enjoying have Russ around more.   I am enjoying catching up with friends.  I am enjoying my daily walks with the girls.   I am trying to make the most of this season and enjoy what has been given to us.  I am trying to remember that in every season there is an opportunity for happiness.  

Tiffany

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I am glad you started blogging again! I too am trying to focus on the positive and it really is nice having the whole family back together for a bit. :)