Friday, February 14, 2014

Snapshots....Girls weekend in the city

I thought I would share a little a lot of our girls weekend today.  Every year when the boys go snowmobiling we have a girls weekend.  This year we gave up the water park (YEAH!!!!) and headed into the city.  My aunt was a gracious host and we all had a really good time.  All of these shot were taken with my phone or my new point and shoot, yup, I got a point and shoot a Nikon Cool Pix 520.  This shot below was our view for our stay...beautiful!

2014-02-14_0015

Before we headed out we had a light lunch and the girls played.  The girls packed their own bag complete with toys...did I mention the school carnival was earlier in the morning so they also had a huge bag of goodies they won at school.  One of their favorite things to do is play with my aunt's charm collection from when she was little, always a big hit and always all over the floor!

2014-02-14_0001

Finally we decided to venture out into the snow.  The girls had their first cab ride.  The snow was so pretty, big, fluffy flakes.

2014-02-14_0002

This one kills me....

2014-02-14_0003

Our first stop was (you guessed it) American Girl!  The girls shopped and picked out outfits and shopped some more.  This was our first visit and we had a lovely time.  Perhaps this will become a new tradition for us.....

2014-02-14_0004

Finally we were ready for tea!  What a great treat it was lots of attention to detail, I think everyone felt special, even the dolls.

2014-02-14_0006

We also took a quick tour of the Lego store, always a fun time!

2014-02-14_0005

After a bit of a walk and a stop at The Disney Store we were at the place I could not wait to see.  Eataly!  What an amazing place, food, wine, restaurants, people, and an energy/personality that was tangible.  I so wished I had my big camera and no packages to carry.  I can't wait to go back and take it all in and snap away.  We did a quick tour and I was able to capture a little of what Eataly is about.  

2014-02-14_0010


2014-02-14_0008


2014-02-14_0007


2014-02-14_0009


2014-02-14_0011


2014-02-14_0012

Then it was time to head back home for the night.  We ordered pizza and relaxed after a long, fun day.  Many thanks to my Mom and my Aunt for making it such a special day for us girls.

2014-02-14_0013

Oh, we ran into a new friend...........

2014-02-14_0014

Warm Hugs to All!



post signature

8 comments:

twoandlu said...

Awesome pics! Where did you get those darling dresses? Looks like your girls weekend was a ton of fun!

twoandlu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
twoandlu said...

Awesome pics! Where did you get those darling dresses? Looks like your girls weekend was a ton of fun!

twoandlu said...

Awesome pics! Where did you get those darling dresses? Looks like your girls weekend was a ton of fun!

Laura said...

Gorgeous photos… the most adorable little girls. Mine are grown up and on dates tonight… enjoy every precious moment:-)

Serendipityissweet said...

What an awesome weekend! You captured some beautiful memories. And I love their Tea Company dresses!

Hannah said...

What a fun weekend! Eataly sounds like my kind of place!

I think a fun point and shoot sounds like a great thing :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad you can have these fun adventures with the girls. Every detail of your trip sounds awesome! What a wonderful weekend. : )