Monday, October 8, 2012

A day at the orchard

I have finally been able to go through the pictures from the orchard.  It was a sunny, beautiful , Fall day, a little chilly, but the sun warmed you as you walked.  The "little" kids (including Max) had a day off school so we made a day of it.  This is one of my favorite orchards to visit....the property is lovely and there is lots of other fun stuff for the kids to do.


9-26-021fbwm


I seemed to be following behind that day, many of my pictures are from the back.


9-26-003fbwm


Also, some are B&W....just liked 'em that way.  I was also glad to sneak a few of Max. 


9-26-007-2fbwm


Kendall and I shared a bag we did a little picking and a lot of walking.  She was a bit of a crank for part of the day:)


9-26-008fbwm


Cute and cranky!


9-26-009fbwm


We picked Liberty and Cortland apples....sweet and tart, my favorite.


9-26-010fbwm


Kendall could reach a few.


9-26-015fbwm
  

June filled her bag quickly....


9-26-016fbwm


...more walking..


9-26-025fbwm


By the time we made it to the Liberty apples our bags were just about full, but we picked a few more and headed on to more fun.


9-26-035fbwm


June and her stash.


9-26-037fbwm


June and Max actually had a little bonding time, normally they are trying to drive each other crazy!


9-26-029-2fbwm


Lastly, apple doughnuts and the playground.  We also fed the goats and went for a ride on the carousel.  All in all a good day.  We even stopped at McDonald's on the way home.


9-26-041fbwm



9-26-053fbwm



9-26-055fbwm


Lots going on here.  Keeping busy with soccer and school.  Last week I was the mystery reader in June's class and I accompanied her on her first field trip...to the apple orchard:)  This week is Homecoming week for the boys.  There are activities every day and we have a heavy soccer schedule.  Both boys are going to the dance.  Pictures for the boys are at two different places....what am I going to do?  Hope you have a good week.
post signature

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh...going to the mtns. Saturday....so ready for donuts!

Elisa said...

Don't you love days like that? Looks awesome :)

Amy said...

Great photos. We went to the apple orchard yesterday! It was so much fun!

Tricia said...

What a great day! It looks so nice there. Pretty much all the leaves here are now laying on the ground. Between the dry conditions and the wind, I guess they just couldn't take it anymore. Needless to say, I didn't get many fall photos. xo

Serendipityissweet said...

Oh, what a fun day! I bet they will cherish those memories ;)

And apple donuts? Yes please!

Hannah said...

Love these! Things are crazy busy here. These shots are making me so excited for our apple picking day! I'm setting aside Saturday...the ONE day Greg is home in a two week span ...to go pick apples. I can't wait! I'm sure it will be december before I edit them :)

Liz said...

What a fun day! You captures these memories so beautifully!