Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day turns to Night

A few months back I had the privilege of taking Kent Weakley's Night Photography Class thanks to Darcy at My 3 Boybarians. Until then I had never thought much about taking pictures at night. Since then I have enjoyed branching out and trying new things with my camera at night. Last week the sky here was brilliant and Russ gave me some kid free time to take some shots...here are the results.

10-01-032wm
f/8, iso -100, exposure 1/4 sec.
{Fabulous Friday}

10-01-033wm
f/8, iso -100, exposure 1/4 sec.

10-01-037wm
f/8, iso -100, exposure 0.8 sec

10-01-034wm
f/8, iso -100, exposure 1/4 sec.

10-01-041wm
f/8, iso -100, exposure 0.8 sec.

10-01-042wm
f/8, iso -100, exposure 0.8 sec.

10-01-043wm
f/8, iso -100, exposure 0.8 sec.

I thought I would also include a couple of great photography sources that I like to visit. Cambridge in Colour and The Photographers Ephemeris. Hope you have a great weekend and as always thanks for looking.


the long road



post signature

17 comments:

Susan said...

Tiffany!

These are just incredible. I bet that class was really interesting.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

Hope your day is blessed♥

Ashley Sisk said...

These are absolutely gorgeous.

Cindy P said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love the silhouttes the night sky formed! And I love that you captured the moon!

Sis said...

amazing!!! what a great job!

~Sis
http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com

deb duty said...

Such beautiful shots! This makes me want to try some night photography too. Thanks for linking up today!

Tara said...

These are so beautiful Tiffany...Thanks for the links.

tiarastantrums said...

beautiful silhouettes!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous... I love them all! =)

Seeing Each Day said...

These are so beautiful to look at - you are obviously a very quick learner! Love that orange colour you've captured in them - and am particularly drawn to the second shot.

Gina Kleinworth said...

WOW- Tiffany- just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! So beautiful- I can't even put it into words!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Tiffany! Those pictures are just TOO gorgeous. WOW! I love them. I am so glad you were able to take the class : ) It sounds like lots of fun!

Yuè said...

wow stunning pictures! i simply love the sundown colors.

here's my entry

Hannah said...

Beautiful!! You did a great job!

EMily said...

These are beautiful! Great job!

Unknown said...

These are amazing! I really love the ones with the moon.

Jaymi said...

wow I love the vivid blue and orange colors! stunning!

Lysha said...

These are awesome shots!