Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apple Orchard Snapshots

June's preschool had there annual trip to the apple orchard. I was so glad to have lovely weather this year (last year it was 40 degrees, rainy, and Kendall was strapped to me in a baby carrier and snowsuit). Although, there were times I wished Kendall was strapped to me on this day we all had lots of fun. We started our day on the playground, had an informational movie/talk in a tepee, picked apples, ate apple cider doughnuts, then of course more play time. I had hoped to get some really nice portrait shots of the girls at the end of the day....you will see how that turned out. LOL. However, it was a fun day and I love spending time with my two girls (who would have ever thought I could say "my two girls":). Enjoy.

10-11a-005wm

Kendall enjoying the playground.

10-11a-007wm

June and her 1st bag of apples.

10-11a-013wm

Kendall and her bag of apples.

10-11a-015wm

Did you know the number of seeds in an apple represents the number of times the apple blossom was pollinated?

10-11a-014wm

You will notice more pictures of Kendall than June. June was enjoying time with her friends, if you have visited before you know Kendall is a bit of a wild child, which left me on Kendall duty. The definition of Kendall duty: keep small girl from danger and trouble. Look below, she is heading straight for danger!

10-11a-016wm

Look, even a picture of me..me and my two girls!

10-11a-020wm

Yes, I let some one hold the Nikon:)

Now to the perfect photo shoot in the apple orchard....it is times like these I wonder if I can ever take pictures professionally. The setting....

10-11a-027wm

The girls....

10-11a-030wm

Kendall more interested in picking rotten apples off the ground and of course chewing on them...

10-11a-036-2wm

The look from June, "Are you really making us do this today?"

So I decided the pumpkins were a better choice!

10-11a-040wm


Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Thanks for looking.



Photobucket






post signature

18 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

You good some good shots of the girls and even one of you too. Looks like a great day.

Unknown said...

The girls are SO cute it's ridiculous!
Love your pretty apples.

Ashley Sisk said...

Love the next to last shot - beautiful bw.

Kim Stevens said...

Oh yeah, love the one in the B&W of the girls!!

Natalie Pozniak said...

Great shots of the apple orchard. Now I want to go to one. Happy Tuesday!

Jessica said...

Love the shots! Such cute girlies!

Katie said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful girls. If you don't mind me asking, what lens did you use? I am determined to get my SLR off auto mode and am curious as what settings and lenses folks use to get such great shots like yours.

Kelly Lund and Kids said...

DARLING!!! Happy tuesday!

Tara said...

Aw, they are just so cute!! Love the apple orchard!

Seeing Each Day said...

Your commentary in this post was very amusing! I consider you a professional photographer anyway if you can manage taking all these great shots while chasing a toddler. Love the shot of June with her bag of apples. How nice that you got a shot of the 3 of you and you always dress your little ones so beautifully.

Susan Anderson said...

What fun photos! I love the one with your little cutie by the big yellow wheel.

=)

Tamar SB said...

What a fun outing!! I love their dresses, they look so fall-like! Love the pics of the apples, they're making me hungry.

Susan said...

Such fun! Love your black and white shot, and I did not know that about the apple seeds, very cool!

Caseybumpinalong said...

Sweet pictures! I love their matching tops. Looks like a fun day. I love apple picking.

Sis said...

WOWOWOW! You are a GIFTED photographer. I feel like I fell into each picture, smelled the apples, felt the sticky caramel....wow. You babies are adorable!


~Sis
http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com

Gina Kleinworth said...

LOVE THESE!!! I can't get over how big Kendall is getting! What a fun time & you have got to frame that one of you with the girls.

Jessica Monte said...

Beautiful fun photos! I love the shots of the two girls together!

Anonymous said...

I love the one of your girls! And their matching dresses are adorable.