Sunday, December 28, 2008

A week in review.....

Whew what a week.....I look forward to Christmas every year and this year was no exception. We had a great week even though Russ, June, and I have been battling the worst (I do mean worst) cold ever. We celebrated both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at our home. We began our Christmas Eve celebration at Mass. We attend a small Catholic church and it is always beautiful, however, especially beautiful at Christmas....white lights, trees, nativity, poinsettia....it is the perfect beginning to our celebration. We spend Christmas Eve with my dad's family and Christmas Day with my mom's family. This is a tradition we have followed since I was a child, except when we lived in Tennessee. We took it easy this year on Christmas Day since we were all under the weather. Santa was very good to the kids and they enjoy seeing all of their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. This weekend Russ's family came to visit. Russ's parents arrived on Saturday and Russ's sister and her family came to visit on Sunday for dinner.
June and her grandfather.

June the boys and "the cousins".

June and the girls.

This is a photo collage of the weekend. Russ's parents gave the kids "Mammoth Crocs" which will come in handy during our cold Midwestern winters. June also received a vacuum which has already been around the house too many times to count!
I am thankful for all the blessings bestowed upon our family and am reminded at times like these the reason we celebrate Christmas......Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas to all and my your new year be blessed. Have a wonderful week.

PS. For those of you who received the Wii Fit for Christmas my Wii Fit age is 37...down from 54...Whew, I thought one of my New Years Resolutions was going to have to be to work out, what a relief!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Hahaha! I started at a whopping 55and have worked down to 39 in only 4 days. We rock for old ladies huh?

I always enter my clothes at -2 but one day mistakenly put -0 so it thought I gained 2.3 lbs in one day! I had to give it a reason (mistake was not an option) and now on my graph for that day it says "I ate too much!" Harsh trainer!

Ellen said...

Belated Merry Christmas to you and your family! I am lovin' the new diggs!! Feel better very soon!