Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Skill...........

Motherhood takes skill. June slept for 13 hours last night. Before she awoke I was able to take a shower, start the laundry, clean the kitchen, and get TJ off to golf. However, I was not able to paint my toe nails, a long overdue task. I decided to paint them with June in the bathroom with me. How hard could it be? I loaded her up with toys, including TJ's game boy(sorry TJ). I began to paint, one foot then the next. While starting the 2nd coat on the first foot...tragedy! June decided to sit on the other foot in her cute lady bug pjs and then proceeded to drag her bottom all over the bathroom floor spreading red nail polish all over the tile. Undaunted by the disaster I rebounded quickly removing the smeared nail polish off the smeared foot and starting over. In the end, nails perfect, floor clean, and June happy to have unloaded all the bathroom drawers and cabinets. Motherhood takes skill!

No comments: